Understanding Material Master fields in SAP – Lesson 4
Let us understand sales data in material master (MM)
Key fields here are
– Unit in which product is sold. Example – Product can be sold in bottles, but it can be produced in gallons.
It restricts selling of the material in all distribution channels as per the reason selected from the list below.
Material can be restricted for specific distribution channel.
Reason list – It could be the same as above for cross-distribution- chain
Theses statuses can have validity dates, as products may be restricted as there is technical defect and engineering department is working to resolve the same
Plant, which will get defaulted in the sales order item. Sequence for this would be
1. Customer-material inforecord
2. Customer master-sales area data
3. Material master-Sales views
UTXJ is the tax category applicable to the material in US and so need to be configured in customizing.
Enter tax classification applicable to the material. Tax classification can be defined in customizing as below.
Minimum qty at order item level or delivery item level can be controlled here.
Example – from the point of view of logistics and cost point of view, order for certain materials can be taken only for minimum quantity OR delivery can be done with certain minimum quantity due to packaging and transport consideration.
- Relevant for update for statistics
- It can be used for pricing
- Relevant in Revenue account assignment
- - Used for item category determination
In the standard SAP R/3 System, the product hierarchy can have up to 3 levels, each with a specific number of characters.
- To classify materials
and are expressed in the unit of weight
- Checking group in combination with checking rule can control the scope of check for availability.
- This needs to be checked so that the material will need to be in batches during sales processing.
- A grouping of materials that share the similar requirements for transportation
- A group of materials that has similar loading requirements. It is used in the determination of shipping point
- It groups together that require similar packaging materials
- If the material is to be managed in serial numbers then serial number profile should be entered here.